Here is how we handle information about your visit to our web site:
Information collected and stored automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site, do searches, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. No information about ParentSmart users/visitors will be sold, shared, or utilized in any commercial way. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a school's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our web site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The searches you make,
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to ParentSmart from another web site, the address of that web site.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitorsto learn about the number of visitors to our site, what part of the site they are interested in, how long the use ParentSmart, and the types of technology our visitors use. WE DO NOT TRACK OR RECORD INFORMATION ABOUT THE IDENTITY OF INDIVIDUALS AND THEIR VISITS.
We do sometimes send a request for your browser to store information on your computer - a small file commonly known as a "cookie." If you do not return the cookie automatically expires after 60 days. Other than this cookie, and the 6 items described above we do not obtain any information from you or the computer you use to access ParentSmart.
If you send us personal information
If you send us e-mail, your identity and the contents of your message is covered by The Privacy Act. Be assured that:
- The information will not be shared with anyone not on the ParentSmart team.
- Your e-mail address will not be provided to any third party or used for any electronic mailing lists – Government or private.
- We do not create individual profiles with the e-mail information you provide or to give it to any other organizations.
- The e-mail material, including your e-mail address and/or name will in no way correlated or linked to the material that is automatically collected as described above.
- ParentSmart does not collect information for commercial marketing.
The only exceptions to the above points would be pursuant to a bona fide Court Order.
The use we will make of your information is to:
- Consider your suggestions.
- Possibly respond directly to you for clarification.
- Try and answer your questions if you ask them.
Links to other sites
This site is hosted on a shared server. As such, various areas of this server may be protected by various provisions of Title 18, U.S. Code. Violations of Title 18 are subject to criminal prosecution in federal court.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations, and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
Questions about ParentSmart privacy
- Thank you for using ParentSmart.
ParentSmart general mission statement
ParentSmart is a service of and is operated by a team of education professionals.
Its purpose is to provide information resources to parents, schools, and others in the education community. To that end, this site makes a wide variety of information from many sources
available to you, and invites the information and material of others to be
exchanged via ParentSmart.
ParentSmart's mission includes providing information and linkages that
may be of interest to parents and the education community. Linkages to other organizations' web sites do not necessarily imply ParentSmart's approval or endorsement of those organizations, their purpose, programs or
the accuracy of their materials.
Use our material and/or information
All text materials on the ParentSmart web site are in the public domain. We
encourage copying or any other utilization of the articles we provide. We do not want proprietary text material on ParentSmart.
Some of the graphic materials on ParentSmart are in the public domain and other graphics
are used with permission, but that permission does not necessarily extend to all. If you have any permission questions, please contact